Ballot defeat leaves California in budget hole hell
. I modified the title a bit.
Several viable options are open to California that used to be our Sunshine State. Remember the days of "California Dreaming" when California was the land of open opportunities and the place to go to visit or to live. Not any more.
A friend tells me that 2,000 people are leaving California a day or a week. Anyone who can get out is getting out. And why not? California has options.
1) California could sue the nation of Mexico for the money it has spent on illegal aliens from health care - unlimited; better than the care of citizens who are footing the bills - to education, to jobs Americans should have. Or, as the late Jo Ann Davis, Congresswoman Davis, from Virginia proposed, the federal government should withhold money from what we give to Mexico to compensate for what our states pay in goods and services to illegal aliens from Mexico. It was a good idea when Representative Davis came out with it and it's a good plan now.
That brings me to another associated topic. I called SunTrust to check on my mortgage the other day and guess who responded to me call. An American someplace in the USA? Of course not. A fine young man at a SunTrust Call Center in Mexico. Yep, all my financial records are available on computers in Mexico. Thank you, SunTrust.
2) California could enforce immigration laws as they pertain to illegal immigrants from wherever - Mexico only accounts for 50% or so of our illegal aliens - and deport these people and their children, even if the children are born here. When the children reach their majority, then they can decide if they want to claim US Citizenship and denounce the citizenship of their parents country but no dual citizenship for them.
3) California could stop driving business and industry out of the state through insane regulations. Regulations are just ducky and make legislators feel so warm and fuzzy but regulations without anyone to regulate are rather passe.
4) California could get a grip on itself in Sacramento and start introducing sanity back into the Golden State which is turning out to be the "Plugged Nickel" State.
5) And last but not least, California could sell part of itself back to Mexico. Of course, the rest of the nation would have something to say about that no doubt but California is broke and the elected legislators did it to the people so don't go blaming the people.
But not one thin dime of American taxpayer money should go to "bailout" the several states who are foundering with far-left liberal policies all over their bibs and overalls, dragging them down. I heard Massachusetts wants a "bailout" too. What, the Kennedy's can't bail out MA?
Time for California to pay the piper of failed liberalism and leave the rest of us alone.
Labels: Bailing out California