Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A part of the world

I have read that we bloggers spend about as much time checking our stats as we do blogging. Well, I'm still new so that's my excuse. Of course, I love to see the little flags pop up, and even one little country that didn't have a flag or nobody knows what it is - just its name and a little blank square. Although I haven't found yet what you especially like/what subjects, etc., I do check to see the days you seem to like what I write and the days you don't. But even that is fleeting. Some days you like election topics. Some days you like Islamic-focused topics. So, I have decided to do what I have been doing all along and that is to write what is stirring me up at the moment. I am outraged about the invasion of our nation - overt attack; I am outraged by the covert attacks by CAIR and others intent on cutting us to bits through the "death of a thousand cuts" legal system methodology; and I am angry enough to spit tacks at the government of the United States of America for giving immunity to a Mexican-national drug dealer shot by our Border Patrol and then prosecuting our Border Patrol for doing their job. And while I'm on it, the thing against using US troops on our soil is against them being used AGAINST us, lawful citizens, not AGAINST folks invading our nation. Good grief! Were the hell is our modern-day General Pershing?

4 Comments:

Blogger Beach Girl said...

Okay - I was an overachiever (can you tell) and needed confirmation that I was doing well. (Chuckles)

Well, have we given up Michigan yet? Maybe. Yep, Reagan walking out of that meeting in where, Greenland. We need more actors who made their money doing B movies - at least they got to practice our values.

4:40 PM  
Blogger April Gavaza said...

"I have read that we bloggers spend about as much time checking our stats as we do blogging."

It's funny because it's true.

I really like your site; you have much to say that's worthwhile and intelligent, which though the internet is thick with commentary, is sadly lacking. Keep it up!

I'm not new at this, but I do find that I desire feedback as well and find the absence thereof to be discouraging. The trick with a blog is not to become a slave to the reader, but to continue to strive to do one's best and to speak one's mind, and damn the consequences.

Great site. It's nice to see an intelligent, well-spoken conservative girl in the vast wasteland of the internet.

Do you mind if I stick a link to you up on my site? Don't wnat to be presumptive. ;)

9:12 PM  
Blogger Beach Girl said...

April, I appreciate the feed-back. Of course, I would be honored with a link. Give me a few days and I'll get around to updating my links.

Thank you for the good comments. We do wonder out here if anyone is really hearing our little voices.

My friend, Steve at Steve's Hodgepodge, is very good at pointing strengths and weaknesses. He is appreciated for it.

If you have time, please check out the 910 Group in my blog list. Thanks.

11:21 PM  
Blogger April Gavaza said...

I'll check out the 910 group pronto, thanks. ;)

Yeah, I always wonder if anyone's listening to what I have to say. Not all of it is exactly mind-blowing, but I like to change it up a bit.

You're doing good work!

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

  • International Civil Liberties Alliance
  • The Belmont Club
  • Gates of Vienna
  • The Blogmocracy
  • Larwyn's Linx at Director Blue
  • Boycott the New York Times -- Read the Real News at Larwyn's Linx
  • Conservative Blogs - Home Center Right
  • 100 Excellent Conservative blogs you should be reading
  • Antz in Pantz - Kickin' and Screamin'
  • Honor Killing in America - Never Forget
  • Sharia from European Court of the Rights of Man
  • Terrifying Brilliance of Islam
  • Triumph of Islam - How Primitive Tribalism Can Defeat Advanced Civilisation
  • Why is Islam so successful?
  • The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex"
  • Three Things about Islam: Remember that the Quran is NOT the torah or the Bible
  • Links
  • Secure Freedom - NO Mosque at Ground Zero
  • Gates of Vienna - a MUST Read
  • Islam - The Religion of Peace
  • Muslim Domination of Public Space
  • Trencherbone