Saturday, October 21, 2006

America Alone by Mark Steyn

I did go out today to help the economy a bit. In the process, I went to the local Barnes & Noble - whatever - and asked for America Alone, The End of the World as We Know It, by Mark Steyn. I asked the lady if there was a discount for the book. She was nice and pleasantly "haughty" as she told me, "No. We only give discounts on best sellers and that book certainly won't be one." Hmmmmm..... That plus the vote of confidence on the cover from Prince Turki al-Faisal, Saudi Ambassador to the United States, "The arrogance of Mark Steyn knows no bounds." Can't go wrong with that sort of endorsement. I bought the book. Looks like it might be a good read. In the meantime, I'm saving 1.00 a day for a project we have going at the Gates of Vienna. Have a blessed Sunday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beach Girl said...

Steve, good news! Mark Steyn's book was no.2 on Amazon.com (two days ago). So I guess B&N is not making money on those folks. Love you logo. Too great!!!!

I have a friend who did one for me - a cactus with a blonde ponytail coming out the back and binoculars in the front - that would be me inside the cactus - my lookout spot. Haven't put it on my blog yet.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

  • International Civil Liberties Alliance
  • The Belmont Club
  • Gates of Vienna
  • The Blogmocracy
  • Larwyn's Linx at Director Blue
  • Boycott the New York Times -- Read the Real News at Larwyn's Linx
  • Conservative Blogs - Home Center Right
  • 100 Excellent Conservative blogs you should be reading
  • Antz in Pantz - Kickin' and Screamin'
  • Honor Killing in America - Never Forget
  • Sharia from European Court of the Rights of Man
  • Terrifying Brilliance of Islam
  • Triumph of Islam - How Primitive Tribalism Can Defeat Advanced Civilisation
  • Why is Islam so successful?
  • The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex"
  • Three Things about Islam: Remember that the Quran is NOT the torah or the Bible
  • Links
  • Secure Freedom - NO Mosque at Ground Zero
  • Gates of Vienna - a MUST Read
  • Islam - The Religion of Peace
  • Muslim Domination of Public Space
  • Trencherbone