Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sitemeter? Having problems, no access to account?

Anyone who has sitemeter on their blogs please let me know if you are having difficulty accessing your account. I'll keep this request for help up for a day or so. When I try to access the "help" on sitemeter, there is nothing I can find that helps me. I have changed none of the code that is in my template. I have had sitemeter since August 2006 and have had no problems with it. In fact, I have been pleased with it. I am all paid up so that is not the issue. I have been unable to access my account for nearly a day now. When I login, I get nothing but when I log out, I am told that the log out was successful. Today, for a second, I saw my summary page. Sitemeter had added advertising to the summary page which had not been there before. When I tried to access another page of stats, I was kicked back to the login page. I'm just trying to find out if anyone else is having problems accessing their accounts. Also, for those who visit my blog and use other "hit" counters, will you please recommend others that have been successful for you? I have sent several e-mails detailing the problem and have not received a response. This lack of response is not normal since responses to e-mails to sitemeter have always been rapid and helpful. Maybe everyone has gone on vacation. Who knows? So, if you are having difficulty, please let me know. Maybe adding the advertising to our sitemeter pages is causing the problem. Thanks.

13 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

I'm having the same problems you describe. Started happening yesterday morning, apparently. I too have emailed them and received no response as yet.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sitemeter went down yesterday too, exactly the same way as yours did. From a quick Blogsearch, I see we are not alone. I'm going to try contacting their support and see what happens...

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having the same exact problem on my blog and they won't answer my emails. So I have no answers, but it's not just you.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't access my stats either, and almost all of the management pages are basically empty.
I also purchased a "Plus" account and they are still listing me as having a free membersip.

11:35 AM  
Blogger David Foster said...

I use the free version of Sitemeter, and it still works, but in the last few days a very irritating approach to advertising has been added. Wouldn't be surprised if it broke something.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was having problems with SiteMeter yesterday. They still don't have my upgraded account status and are not responding to emails, but the service showing statistics is back up.

I also use StatCounter (http://statcounter.com) for tracking. The free version gives much more detailed information than the free version of Site Meter, but it only keeps a log of the last 100 hits to your site.

The reports from StatCounter are comparable to the reports you pay for with SiteMeter plus.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine seems to be working OK.

4:08 PM  
Blogger lilfeathers2000 said...

I can't get into my site meter. They have not sent me a report either.I have a back up I don't like as well
http://extremetracking.com
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
Have a Blessed Holiday
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

5:02 PM  
Blogger Beach Girl said...

Thanks everyone. Something must be going on. I think the ads on our summary pages, etc. are really slowing them down. We'll see. Maybe they are just having problems in a regional area.

Have a wonderful and peaceful Thanksgiving. Enjoy the Turkey. Let me know when you get your sitemeter back.

Stay safe.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Beach Girl said...

Just tried - ads were gone - Thank Goodness.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in as I speak. Have been for around an hour. I hope your troubles are over.

11:36 PM  
Blogger James Higham said...

Yes, they were 'doing a blogger'. I wrote them over two days and then suddenly it came good again. No reply to the e-mails. So I assumed it wasn't just me and your post here confirms it.

Beachgirl - it should have automatically pasted into your template when you first got sitemeter. It's not difficult to access your template through the dashboard and manually paste it. Even I can do that.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Beach Girl said...

Yes, seem to be back in okay. I think they were trying out putting ads on our respective sitemeter accounts and that may have overloaded their system plus, I would have been outta there. I don't need that stuff on my account.

Thank you for all the great responses. Glad to know we are not alone.

Watch the Pope's visit to Turkey next week.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving for my US friends and if not, in US, have fun anyway.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

  • International Civil Liberties Alliance
  • The Belmont Club
  • Gates of Vienna
  • The Blogmocracy
  • Larwyn's Linx at Director Blue
  • Boycott the New York Times -- Read the Real News at Larwyn's Linx
  • Conservative Blogs - Home Center Right
  • 100 Excellent Conservative blogs you should be reading
  • Antz in Pantz - Kickin' and Screamin'
  • Honor Killing in America - Never Forget
  • Sharia from European Court of the Rights of Man
  • Terrifying Brilliance of Islam
  • Triumph of Islam - How Primitive Tribalism Can Defeat Advanced Civilisation
  • Why is Islam so successful?
  • The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex"
  • Three Things about Islam: Remember that the Quran is NOT the torah or the Bible
  • Links
  • Secure Freedom - NO Mosque at Ground Zero
  • Gates of Vienna - a MUST Read
  • Islam - The Religion of Peace
  • Muslim Domination of Public Space
  • Trencherbone