Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Why I will NOT vote for Hillary as president

I cannot vote for Hillary for president for a kazillion political reasons but the basic reason I cannot vote for her is because I am a woman and, as a woman, I want women in leadership roles that stand for integrity. To me, one aspect of that integrity is protecting one's daughters above all personal costs. To me, Hillary just doesn't make the grade. Numerous books have been written about Hillary Clinton and of course who could forget the claims of her husband in 1992 that "you'll get two for the price of one." And boy howdy, we did. Whoops, the truth from the dynamic duo... But we got more than two. We got the "mysterious" death of Vince Foster in Fort Marcy Park. Only thing that would have made it better is if there had been a "magic" bullet. And where exactly did all that blood go from his wound? But I don't want to rehash the absurdities that came upon us month after month including the Senate Hearings and the notorious repetitions of "I don't recall." Now, really! Do you think we can afford to put a woman, or a man for that matter, who "can't recall" as often as Hillary and her staff couldn't recall into the White House as president? And will we once again "get two for the price of one"? But my vote against Hillary is more basic or fundamental than that. To me, she violated her trust with her daughter and by extension with all women. Her husband by all accounts was a philanderer. After his deception with interns became common knowledge and our children learned what was and what wasn't "sexual relations" on the nightly news, Hillary "stood" by her man. Not buying that! She stood by her chances at political success. She sold women out - in all walks of life, rich or poor. She sold us all out for chances of political success. Her actions said: take the abuse, the humiliation, the ridicule. And my daughter will take it too... How can women even entertain the idea of Hillary as president of The United States of America? She sold out the feminists by proving that the only way to ultimate power for a woman was by being married to a powerful man no matter what his treatment of women. Can you recall an affair with an intern a few years older than his own daughter in OUR White House? Would you tell your daughter to remain married to such a man, to endure such abuse? What would Hillary's life be like had she divorced "her" man? Would she be a Senator? Difficult to say! She'd be close to one million dollars richer not having to pay to settle his suit with Paula Jones, as I recall. If she's a good junior senator from New York, good for New Yorkers. But for myself, I cannot vote for Hillary. Setting all of the differences between her Marxist views and my Constitutional-adherence views, I can't vote for her because she betrayed women once. I can't vote for her and give her the chance to do that again on much more grave issues. Besides, I don't want her husband back in the White House. Not ever! The "world" may hate us with President Bush, but we'd be the laughing stock of the world if Hillary were our president. I'll take their hate anyday over their ridicule and loathing because our president would be a woman with so little demonstrated respect for herself let alone her daughter. So no, Hillary won't get my vote. If you choose, you could read the Washington Times article (9/25/2006), Producer accuses Clintons of 'looting'. According to the article, "Mrs. Clinton remains as a material witness and co-conspirator in the suit, and Judge Munoz has said she cannot avoid testifying." Is she qualified to be president? I guess you'll decide but I vote NO.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beach Girl said...

Hillary stayed with a man that you wouldn't buy a used car from. Dress him up in a plaid suit and you get the picture. He said, "Put ice on it." I say, "Put her campaign on ice." Tell me, does she get to keep and spend her campaign contributions on whatever she likes if she doesn't run?

4:26 PM  
Blogger Gabrielle Flora Marie Cusumano said...

February 6, 2008,
Yesterday was Super Tuesday and Hillary beat Obama because she took the big all-or-nothing States' delegates. I found your website this morning and I liked your posting and your comment so much that I posted it to my website www.gabrielle cusumano.Townhall.com entitling it as "Why I Won't Vote For Hillary Clinton As President." POne Woman's View. I also noted that it was from your website Conservative Beach Girl and links to your pages.

I can not understand how women, especially older women and single women are voting for her, especially with all the baggage she brings from her husband's administration, and your ideas might hit home and make sense with any readers who take an interest in the title. Your thoughts may make people reading my blog remember what it was like for decent, law abiding Americans to have a Clinton in the White House.

Your opinion on this topic was

2:59 PM  
Blogger Beach Girl said...

Gabrielle, thank you. I couldn't find the link. I think we, as women, need to remember what the Clinton years were like for us. Very abusive...

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for saying that so well! Here is my take: vhttp://sashafire.wordpress.com/2008/02/09/why-i-cannot-vote-for-hillary/

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

  • International Civil Liberties Alliance
  • The Belmont Club
  • Gates of Vienna
  • The Blogmocracy
  • Larwyn's Linx at Director Blue
  • Boycott the New York Times -- Read the Real News at Larwyn's Linx
  • Conservative Blogs - Home Center Right
  • 100 Excellent Conservative blogs you should be reading
  • Antz in Pantz - Kickin' and Screamin'
  • Honor Killing in America - Never Forget
  • Sharia from European Court of the Rights of Man
  • Terrifying Brilliance of Islam
  • Triumph of Islam - How Primitive Tribalism Can Defeat Advanced Civilisation
  • Why is Islam so successful?
  • The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex"
  • Three Things about Islam: Remember that the Quran is NOT the torah or the Bible
  • Links
  • Secure Freedom - NO Mosque at Ground Zero
  • Gates of Vienna - a MUST Read
  • Islam - The Religion of Peace
  • Muslim Domination of Public Space
  • Trencherbone