Sunday, February 25, 2007

American lives put at risk by Transportation Dept?

Briefly, I saw a short news clip last night (Saturday night when no one is watching the news) that the Transportation Department will now be opening our highways to Mexican truck drivers - free and clear. Be safe on our highways. A good friend of mine lost her mother to a drunk driver here illegally from Mexico - is there any other kind. My friends's life has been permanently altered - she has lost an eye, she is 100% disabled due to the car accident, she can never have a family due to her injuries, and the Mexican national who killed her mother now gets three hots and a cot plus the state of the art exercise equipment, cable TV, and much more all provided by tax dollars as he is jailed for a short time. Our government - run by MBAs and seeing America only as a commodity to be traded or sold (not to mention being over-run by invaders - illegals from around the world - making us a lawless land) have opened us up to more danger. It is unsafe to drive now due to the drunk illegal aliens driving on our highways. Now, our Transportation Department (which our taxes support) will open our highways to Mexican truck drivers free and clear. It is becoming more difficult each day to hold on to the belief that somewhere in our government people care about the safety of American citizens. Surely American citizenship is cheapened each and every day. Some of my personal friends tell me that Americans simply don't care that we are being invaded; don't care that the administration has sold us out. I still believe in our soldiers, our undercover folks, the decency of the American people - but I am having a harder time having any respect for a bureaucracy that cares nothing for our sovereignty and sells our freedoms so cheaply and that uses my tax dollars as "tribute" to make us slaves to the terrorists and terrorist nations. Every dollar that goes to the PA, to North Korea, to all the others who wish to harm us weakens us. Anymore it seems that our lives are worth little more than the taxes we can pay to folks who will destroy us. I don't know what it will take to move Americans from apathy. If anyone knows how I can find out more info about what the Transportation Department is doing to erode our sovereignty, please let me know. Are there Congressional hearings about this or is it a done deal?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like this is a done deal and it's all due to NAFTA which was introuduced and signed by Bill Clinton. Too bad Neville Bush bought into this too, but I'm not in the least bit surprised he did.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Beach Girl said...

Thanks, Steve. I never liked NAFTA - of course, I believe Clinton (pick one) gives used car salesmen a bad name.

I'll have to do some research and see if there are any more hearings on this issue.

Bush has done well over his share of selling the nation as well. SPP comes to mind along with China holding our currency hostage, and Bush putting us in more debt to foreign nations in 5 years than we've had in our entire centuries combined BB (before Bush). I voted for Bush twice and I agree with some of his policies but I have real misgivings about the Executive and Legislative bodies ever being from the same political party again. Maybe if the prez is a lawyer - and hasn't had to sell a failing baseball team, perhaps that would be okay. Steve Forbes would have been okay and we can't complain about the stockmarket at the moment.

I wonder if the American ideals of Capitalism will do us in now that we have global corporations with no/few corporations who have national loyalty to the USA.

I have one tiny CD with Bank of America and as soon as I get on my feet again, that tiny CD will be cashed in. I know it won't hurt Bank of America. Maybe Bank of America should change its name and call itself, Screw Americans First Bank since a driver's license and a credit card are the keys to the kingdom.

Every Gringo dollar should be taken from the Bank of the Americanas; maybe Bank of the Illegals/Criminals would be better name.

I do thing global corporations have and are creating many problems.

Sorry to rattle on. Some of my ultra liberal friends will be really happy with my disillusion but before they laugh too much and have a "welcome aboard" party for me, they must know I am and will forever more be a conservative. The only reason I vote Republican is because they are the closest I can find that is even marginally close to Libertarian. Alas, I am lost.

Thank God for the 910 Group.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

  • International Civil Liberties Alliance
  • The Belmont Club
  • Gates of Vienna
  • The Blogmocracy
  • Larwyn's Linx at Director Blue
  • Boycott the New York Times -- Read the Real News at Larwyn's Linx
  • Conservative Blogs - Home Center Right
  • 100 Excellent Conservative blogs you should be reading
  • Antz in Pantz - Kickin' and Screamin'
  • Honor Killing in America - Never Forget
  • Sharia from European Court of the Rights of Man
  • Terrifying Brilliance of Islam
  • Triumph of Islam - How Primitive Tribalism Can Defeat Advanced Civilisation
  • Why is Islam so successful?
  • The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex"
  • Three Things about Islam: Remember that the Quran is NOT the torah or the Bible
  • Links
  • Secure Freedom - NO Mosque at Ground Zero
  • Gates of Vienna - a MUST Read
  • Islam - The Religion of Peace
  • Muslim Domination of Public Space
  • Trencherbone