Wednesday, March 28, 2007

America, my home!

Becoming cynical and sarcastic is easy especially when one looks at the sheer magnitude of the incompetence of our politicians. Some of them are good and honest, no doubt, but the overwhelming cowardice of the liberal left in Congress is rather staggering. Yesterday, I had a great opportunity to speak with a next door neighbor. He's a junior in high school, in honors classes, and fed up with the weight of mediocrity in his school. His particular complaint right now is why he has to show up all the time for classes when he gets his straight A report card and he's bored to death. He has a point. He is working as a "sandwich artist" at the local Subway and saving for college. I was sharing my new-found freedom of spirit and he was patiently accepting that even with the decades of chronological age between us, he would show kindness to his "slow-learner", earned Ph.D. neighbor. After all, our family pet is named after him - my young neighbor. We do share the ravages of hurricanes and we do share our neighborhood. He spoke of how he distrusted our government from A to Z and how he loved our nation and our culture. He was also especially contemptuous of our "institutionalized racism" - affirmative action. He wasn't too keen on the illegals flooding the nation either and trashing our lakes, parks, rivers, streams, etc. What was so refreshing was that I did not lead the conversation. I just listened to his perspective. I took heart though that perhaps the attitudes are changing and perhaps our youth are fed up with all this political correctness and "diversity" crap when we are either Americans (citizens of the United States of America), legal residents, or we are illegals sucking off the government breast of milk, victimology mana, and vote-buying. America, the United States of America, is my home! I am not a hyphenated (can't decide on an identity) American. It's always been funny to me when someone says, "I'm an African-American, I'm an Asian-American, I'm a Native American (meaning American Indian); I'm an Irish-American." Duh! Please - that self-idenfication says one of two things: you think other folks are really stupid or you suffer from an identity crisis! The question is: are you an American (citizen of the USA) or are you an African, Asian, Irish man??? Our so-called skin-deep diversity is not what makes us strong. What brings us together as Americans (USA Americans) is what makes us strong - our flag, our national sport - BASEBALL, our motherhood and apple pie, our US Consitution, our equality before the law (well almost unless you are going for "special preferences" like you-know-who - the new victims de jour (all self-created and self-defined victims I might add). What brings us together are the symbols of our nation and her growth - the Liberty Bell, the Mall in DC, the smell and taste of a hot dog with mustard and onions at a ball game. So much more but you get the idea - the purple mountains' majesty, those stars and stripes waving from on high. Yep, I'm proud to be an American and I'm proud of our world colleagues - the Brits, the Aussies, the folks in Europe who are not ashamed of their grand cultures that formed so much of the foundation of ours - the Greeks, the Italians, and the French of the Revolutionary War era. I can be disappointed in any given administration but America's my home. I don't want to see this bastion on a hill destroyed. My young neighbor rather assured me that it would not be and he and his peers intended to make sure it wasn't. So, to maintain the promise of our nation, we must remain ever vigilant, ever free! [Center for Viligant Freedom] God bless America!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being one born outside of the US, I know what it was like coming here at first, but we earned our way into America the hard way. My parents worked hard, and I am proud of what they gave up to come here, establish themselves here, and gave my brother and I a decent future. If it weren't for them bringing me to America, I would probably be a laborer working in a factory somewhere in the UK or maybe even worse.

The illegals in this country are not doing any of us any good at all, and our government is paving the way for an open border down south.

I hope you're feeling better and I sent out the invite to the blogger's gathering in May.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Beach Girl said...

Thank you! Sent you an e-mail and called the hotel.

Now Maryland gov. wants to okay in-state tuition for illegals. Makes me sick.

Hoping to see you but may have to stay at a different place that is pet-friendly. Will advise.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

  • International Civil Liberties Alliance
  • The Belmont Club
  • Gates of Vienna
  • The Blogmocracy
  • Larwyn's Linx at Director Blue
  • Boycott the New York Times -- Read the Real News at Larwyn's Linx
  • Conservative Blogs - Home Center Right
  • 100 Excellent Conservative blogs you should be reading
  • Antz in Pantz - Kickin' and Screamin'
  • Honor Killing in America - Never Forget
  • Sharia from European Court of the Rights of Man
  • Terrifying Brilliance of Islam
  • Triumph of Islam - How Primitive Tribalism Can Defeat Advanced Civilisation
  • Why is Islam so successful?
  • The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex"
  • Three Things about Islam: Remember that the Quran is NOT the torah or the Bible
  • Links
  • Secure Freedom - NO Mosque at Ground Zero
  • Gates of Vienna - a MUST Read
  • Islam - The Religion of Peace
  • Muslim Domination of Public Space
  • Trencherbone